Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tamura @ Green Park


On a rare occasion that I ventured into the Green Park area of Delhi, my friend informed me that there was a nice Japanese restaurant nearby and being the sushi-loving creatures that he and I are, we walked through the market till we found the barely noticeable board of "Tamura."

We walked in and found a fairly nice setting that had the usual "Chinese restaurant" feel to it that bizarrely had a billing and bar counter that looked like it belonged to a pub. Ignoring that, we proceeded to order our meal. We had:

1. Salmon roll (sushi)
2. Fried prawns set (ebi fry bento)
3. Pork cutlet on rice (katsudon)

The sushi was DRY and slightly rubberish. The fried prawns set was served with a small helpings of soup and salad. Considering that the rice had absolutely no flavor, the soup and salad helped push down the meal. The pork cutlet on rice was a much better dish, thankfully. It came in a pretty little box and they were generous with the quantity. The rice was mildly sweet and pork was done just right.



I seriously contemplated smuggling the box my lunch came in. It looked so pretty! And it would have been a serious upgrade of my usual lunch box. Let me not digress!

The staff was not very helpful, I add. The waitress seemed too be busy arranging and rearranging cutlery no one was asking for and was not interested in helping us decide on what to order. Only a couple of tables were occupied and so it seemed very strange when we were presented with a bill even before we had finished our drinks. That was just in poor taste, I felt. The general feeling I had was that my friend and I had probably interrupted their afternoon siesta. I do not plan to visit the place again. 

Overall, it was a very average experience.

Avg. cost: Rs. 1000 per person (with beer)
Rating: 2/5

No comments: